SENIOR ARCHAEOLOGICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL ASSOCIATE
2004, B.A., Anthropology, Texas State University
I2M Associates, LLC, Senior Archaeological & Environmental Associate, 2017 – Present
- Serves as consultant to field projects for archaeological, environmental, and natural resources-related activities.
Gray & Pape, Inc., Consulting Archaeologist, 2016 – Present
Gray & Pape, Inc. (Cultural Resources Mgmt. and Consulting), Senior Archaeologist, Houston, TX: 2006 – 2016
- Managed projects requiring Section 106 compliance pursuant to the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA), and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). Project experience in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Florida, and North Dakota;
- Maintained strong client relations in a variety of industries including oil & gas, transportation, and residential/commercial development. Assisted clients with developing and understanding project needs and objectives;
- Coordinated with regulatory agencies and project stakeholders including State Historic Preservation Offices, Native American tribes, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) – Galveston and Fort Worth Districts, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), U.S. Forest Service, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, and the Texas Dept. of Transportation (TxDOT);
- Prepared proposals, developed and maintained budgets, coordinated staffing needs, planned/executed cultural resources field surveys and all additional levels of investigation, as determined necessary;
- Directed and managed field crew(s) and reporting staff. Assured delivery of professional, project-tailored reports, satisfactory for agency review;
- Conducted archaeological site files research, primarily in Texas and Louisiana, using their secure web-based programs including the Texas Archeological Sites Atlas and the Louisiana Cultural Resources Viewer; and
- Conducted archival reviews of historic and recent topographic/geologic mapping and aerial images. Reviewed site-specific soil mapping using the Natural Resources Conservation Service’s online Soil Survey Geographic (SSURGO) databases.
Selected Project Experience
LEPA Pipeline Project, St. Mary Parish, Louisiana, Providence Engineering;
Freeport LNG NGL Extraction Project, Brazoria County, Texas, Natural Resource Group (NRG);
Double Eagle NGL Pipeline Project in Live Oak, McMullen, and La Salle Counties, Texas, Copano Energy, LLC;
North Loop Midland Pipeline Project, Ector County, Texas, Enterprise Crude Pipeline, LLC;
Line AU to Line F-185 Pipeline Project, Harrison County, Texas, Enable Midstream Partners, LP; and
Flat Bank Creek 400-acre Residential Project, Fort Bend County, Texas, Sienna Johnson Development.
Toledo Bend FERC Hydro-Relicensing Project, Panola, Shelby, Sabine, and Newton Counties, Texas and De Soto, Sabine, and Vernon Parishes, Louisiana, Sabine River Authority; and
Florida Gas Relay Project, St. Landry Parish, Louisiana, Florida Gas Transmission, LLC.
Grand Parkway Project (Sections F1, F2 & G), Harris and Montgomery Counties, Texas, Zachry-Odebrecht Parkway Builders;
FM 2978 Expansion Project, Montgomery County, Texas, Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc.;
Blue Water Highway Reconstruction Project, Brazoria County, Texas, Berg-Oliver Associates, Inc.
Additional Relevant Project Experience:
Border Crossings Project, North Dakota, Dept. of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Patrol.
- Sub-meter accurate GPS including Trimble GeoXT, GeoXH, and ProXH models; handheld GPS units and the Allegra backpack unit;
- Total Station (theodolite);
- Field survey; orienteering, and site investigation;
- Field crew support and management;
- Administrative organization;
- Remarkable communication skills (“a people person”);
- Team-oriented but self-driven;
- OSHA certified; and
- CPR/first aid certified (current through 2016).
Bludau, Charles, Jr. 2013, in “Reliving drama of San Jacinto Battle with Mexico.” (here).
Bludau, Jr., Charles E., Jessica Bludau, and Julia Balakirova 2014. A Cultural Resources Survey for the Proposed Line AU to Line F-185 Pipeline Project in Harrison County, Texas.
Bludau, Charles, Jr. 2014. Negative Findings Report For A Phase I Cultural Resources Survey For The Proposed LEPA Pipeline, Morgan City, St. Mary Parish, Louisiana.
Bludau, Charles, Jr., Jessica Bludau, and Julia Balakirova 2014. Cultural Resources Survey for the Grand Parkway Construction Project in Harris and Montgomery Counties, Texas.